Heater not working

CRISTINESTEPHENSON
  • 2009 DODGE JOURNEY

I've noticed that the heater doesn't work on the passenger front side of the car, how can that be fixed?

Friday, January 4th, 2013 AT 3:16 AM

2CARPROS KEN

Yes you have a blend door actuator that is probably out which is common on these cars. Here is a guide to show you what you are in for when doing the job.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

This guide can help as well

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-heater-not-working

Here is what it will be like for your car diagrams (Below). Left, right, mode and recirculation.

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken

Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017 AT 5:46 PM
BUCKYPLUMBER
  • 2009 DODGE JOURNEY

With the car at running temperature I have no heat. The car runs and drives just fine. It's warm air at slow speed and gets cold. All hoses feel warm. Dealership told me it was the water pump. I can't believe that to be true. Since the car operates just fine. And they want$990 to start

Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017 AT 5:47 PM (Merged)

Are the heater hoses so hot you can barely hold onto them?

This could be a heater door--actuator motor problem in the heater. As the heat is making it into the heater box

if they are barely warm---i'd investigate the thermostat 1st

i hate to throw this at you --- but I feel obligated, as this could be the condition. But maybe not (we hope). Failure to consider it, may cost you your engine.

. Do your other checks, if things are not working out.I'd stop driving it, till you get this checked

thing is----if the water pump is having an issue----not only are you cold in the cockpit----the engine coolant may not be circulating (or enough)

sometimes water pumps have plastic impellers---sometimes the same kinda pump from another parts may be offered with a metal one----sometimes the parts store may have both, with different warranty's or prices

personally, if available, i'd get pump with a metal impeller

i dug a little deeper for you---"advance auto parts" has "2"---only one of 'em allows me to look at the back side on their site.I screen shot it for you. See my 1st pic. This one is plastic!

I have taken several pics of pump failures with a plastic impeller. Keep in mind these are from different vehiclessee the rest of my pics. Especially the one that is just cracked (i wrote captions on it)

return with good news

the medic

-1

If the car is not overheating and is running at a normal operating temp, I would assume the water pump and thermostat are fine. With the engine running, warm, and the heater on high, feel both heater core hoses. Both should be hot. If they are, then the blend air door is the problem. If only one is hot, then you have a plugged heater core.

Let me know what you find.

+3
LIROL0469
  • 2009 DODGE JOURNEY

2009 Dodge Journey SXT
It is blowing out air from all vents just not hot air
Temp. Gage starts out at cold and works its way up just below the medium line
Doesn't overheat, Runs fine, no noises when the air is blowing
When I put the car up to 3000 RPM's the heat started to blow warm (not hot even with blowers on full blast) but anything lower it would still blow cold air.
I also noticed that the passenger side did not get as warm as the driver side would when I had the RPM's high enough, but the 2nd and 3rd row was getting warm air also
I checked the coolant and the Coolant is filled