TRANSMISSION FILTER

2008 Kia Sedona

wagmike

May, 2, 2011 AT 1:48 AM

I have a 2008 Kia Sedona LX. It has a spin on type transmission filter. I can not locate this filter anywhere. Where is it located on this vehicle.

saturntech9

May, 2, 2011 AT 2:41 AM

Are you sure it has a spin on filter?A lot of the kia models deleted the external filter in the later 2001 model year. They only had a internal filter that was only changed when the transmission got rebuilt. Here is a parts diagram of your transmission it only shows the internal filter in it.

wagmike

May, 2, 2011 AT 3:20 AM

I am pretty sure yes. The parts house that sold me the filter says that there is one, and in fact, one of your experts on this site says that there is one also. Here is the link. http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2008-kia-sedona-transmission-filter

saturntech9

May, 2, 2011 AT 7:01 PM

I see that I looked at the oriellys parts website and saw a spin on filter also.I looked on the mtichell 1 repair manual online we use on this website and could see the parts diagram showing the filter. Those are the ones I posted for you if there is a spin on filter which looks like there is it should be easy to see. Its going to be on the side of the transmission facing the radiator or the rear of the van.I would say it would be facing the radiator thats my first thought. Let me know what you find.

wagmike

May, 3, 2011 AT 2:13 AM

Thank you, I will check that out tomorrow, and see what I can find.

saturntech9

May, 3, 2011 AT 5:09 PM

Keep me posted on what you find.

Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz