08 IMPALA REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER

• Djchin
  • 2008 Chevrolet Impala
  • automatic

I have a 08 chevy impala and my rear window defroster is not working when I push the
Button the light comes on but nothing happens any ideas
On the problem.

Monday, December 27th, 2010 AT 11:17 AM

• mhpautos

You will have to check for voltage at the screen heater and check that the earth tab has not broken away, start here.

Monday, December 27th, 2010 AT 11:50 AM
  • HPUCK

My 2010 Impala has the same problem. Where is the connection plug in at the window, in the truck or inside the window?

Monday, September 12th, 2011 AT 3:15 PM
  • rivermikerat

The connectors for rear window defrosters are traditionally either at the bottom of the grid on both sides, top of the grid, or on the driver's side of the grid, visible just by looking at the rear window from inside the vehicle. None of the imagery I can find gives an exact location, so you may need to remove the rear seat or look under the rear package shelf from inside the trunk.

Thursday, September 29th, 2011 AT 8:52 PM
  • rivermikerat

Oh, and make sure there is power on both sides of the switch when the switch is enabled. The switch could be defective internally, allowing the light to turn on, but not passing power out of the switch.

Thursday, September 29th, 2011 AT 8:53 PM
  • woodnsoldier

Remove the passenger front kick plate, remove wiring harness, pull harness apart and usually the (2) purple wires you will find burnt, just run a jumper wire across from one side of harness to the other side, problem should be solved. Good luck

Tuesday, August 25th, 2015 AT 5:48 PM