08 REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER

2008 Chevrolet Impala

Djchin

December, 27, 2010 AT 11:17 AM

I have a 08 chevy impala and my rear window defroster is not working when I push the
Button the light comes on but nothing happens any ideas
On the problem.

mhpautos

December, 27, 2010 AT 11:50 AM

You will have to check for voltage at the screen heater and check that the earth tab has not broken away, start here.

HPUCK

September, 12, 2011 AT 3:15 PM

My 2010 Impala has the same problem. Where is the connection plug in at the window, in the truck or inside the window?

rivermikerat

September, 29, 2011 AT 8:52 PM

The connectors for rear window defrosters are traditionally either at the bottom of the grid on both sides, top of the grid, or on the driver's side of the grid, visible just by looking at the rear window from inside the vehicle. None of the imagery I can find gives an exact location, so you may need to remove the rear seat or look under the rear package shelf from inside the trunk.

rivermikerat

September, 29, 2011 AT 8:53 PM

Oh, and make sure there is power on both sides of the switch when the switch is enabled. The switch could be defective internally, allowing the light to turn on, but not passing power out of the switch.

woodnsoldier

August, 25, 2015 AT 5:48 PM

Remove the passenger front kick plate, remove wiring harness, pull harness apart and usually the (2) purple wires you will find burnt, just run a jumper wire across from one side of harness to the other side, problem should be solved. Good luck

Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Explorer
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda