Charging the air conditioner

CONFUSED252
  • 2007 KIA SEDONA

What kind of Freon do I use to charge the air conditioner? I do not have the owners manual.

Friday, April 29th, 2011 AT 10:41 PM

2CARPROS KEN

You will use 134a and it is relativity simple to do here is a guide that will help you get the job done.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/air-conditioner-how-to-add-freon';

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Best, Ken

Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 AT 4:05 PM
DON ALD
  • 2006 KIA SEDONA

Air Conditioning problem
2006 Kia Sedona 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 68000 miles

We have had this vehicle since new and not nad this problem before now. In May, we had the 65K service (replaced timing belt.) In June after the outside temps got hot, the A/C compresssor had a complete failure which sent debris throughout the system. 1600$ later at dealer, we have a new AC and flushed lines.

After several weeks to a month, the A/C failed again and they replaced the copmpressor. A few weeks later, it failed again and they replaced the entire system and cabin switches. Last weekend, It started to act up and smoke, I immediately turned the car off and restarted the vehicle with the hood up to watch for trouble. The A/C ran fine all the way home and appears to be fine now.

At each failure, it was durring the heat of the day (above 105 degrees F outside). The car had been sitting outside for at least a few hours when at startup the AC failed/ or acted up.

My initial questions are: Are there any ancillary connections to the A/C system that could be causing this repeated failure? Is it possible that the 65K service is related to this failure (overtight belt.)?

I appreciate any input or advice regarding this question as I am concerned that if we don't get it resolved before the temps drop, I will be out of warranty when it failes next.

Thanks,

Don

Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 AT 4:06 PM (Merged)
BILLYMAC

This is tough. Compressors rarely fail this often if you have to replace one in the life of the vehicle that is usually the only time you would have to do that.

You said they replaced the whole system does this mean the evaporator under the dash.

The condensor behind the radiator the rubber hoses under the hood reciever drier orphice tube all of these parts can hold contamination such as debri from a failed compressor.

It sounds to me like possibly the control switch is sending power through a ground I would go back and let them have another look and atleast this prob will be documented and in the future it will help

ANGFET24
  • 2005 KIA SEDONA

Where do I charge my freon on my 2005 Kia Sedona? I am not seeing the valve shown on the instructions when looking under the hood. Thanks.

+1
MHPAUTOS

It looks as if one is in front off the radiator near the air intake duct and the other near the receiver dryer, the pic is not that clear, see how you go.

-2