THE HEATER WORKS FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AFTER THE CAR...

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

timbishop

December, 23, 2012 AT 8:30 PM

The heater works for about an hour after the car is initially started. Then the air stops But the blower still sounds like it is working. When I come to stop the actuator doors sound like close doors close making a very loud air rushing noise but still no airflow.

If I shut the engine off for 30 to 45 minutes everything resets to normal. We are on 1300 mile trip home and cannot repair on the road but is there a way to get the doors to open manually or is this a relay or vacuum hose issue

timbishop

December, 23, 2012 AT 10:54 PM

100% reproducible. Just pulled off interstate again

Works fine for an hour, air stops moving but tiny amount if air coming out is very hot, and then when pull off highway it sounds like its blowing 100 mph but still no air flowing.

timbishop

December, 26, 2012 AT 5:13 PM

So you have to pay to get an answer? Why offer free option then? Ill pay if someone can solve issue. As it is we're stranded

timbishop

Found a master mechanic (the guy actually travels the country training jeep mechanics) who knew immediately what the issue was.

The A/C was on no matter the control settings and freezing up at highway speed thus starving the fan of air. Unplugged the A/C and had zero issues all the way home.

Thanks Jeff!

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda