2007 DODGE CHARGER NO HEAT

• lwhite177
  • 2007 Dodge Charger

Heater problem
2007 Dodge Charger V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 47000 miles

car not heating up with a new thermostat.

Wednesday, March 4th, 2009 AT 2:10 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Hi:
Do you mean the interior isn't heating or the engine? If the interior, make sure the coolant if full. Next, with the engine hot, running and the heater on, check to see if both heater core hoses are hot.

Let me know what you find.

Friday, March 6th, 2009 AT 6:56 PM
  • ron85

Had the same problem for the last three days same car 2007 charger replaced thermostate water pumped reverced flushed it with air through the oil cooler lines caught the old antifreeze in a clear pail found crousion
in the coolent pluging the system got heat after doing this

Friday, December 23rd, 2011 AT 4:04 AM
  • Slawrence8522

I have a question. I am a female and do not know about what the possible cause could be but here's my problem.

First off, I have a 2007 dodge charger. Not sure if it makes a difference but it's had one owner before me. Bought at 100k miles in Sept 2014. Now, these are my problems. When I test drove the car, my brother-in-law was with me and suggested I park the car and floor it to listen to the engine. Now, although I didn't feel it was a good idea, I did it because if I didn't, he would have. I'm mentioning this just in case that may be the reason for the problems I am having. Now with the problems:
1)The coolant. It had started overheating last year around March 2015. At that time, I would have coolant in it and it would overheat and the coolant would be gone. So, my father suggested it had a leak(which would explain the coolant being empty after recently filling it). Okay, well about Sept of 2015 I bought a leak fix for the coolant system. It worked amazing! So basically since Sept of 2015, my car has stopped overheating and I haven't had to add any water or antifreeze. I haven't had but a little bit of antifreeze in my car before now because I had water mixed with it. But recently, I filled my coolant with just antifreeze and ever since then my car has overheated once, AND it barely heats up the interior. After starting my car, I can turn on the heat defrost to clear my windows and before putting the antifreeze in it, it used to warm up no problem. But now, if I start it and I turn on the defrost, after sitting for a while it doesn't warm up anymore. It just stays cold. If I drive it for a little bit say across town maybe about 20 minutes and drive at least over 50mph, it will push out a little bit of heat and then turn to cold after a bit. Or if I slow down, it turns cold.

Now, is this because I added coolant ONLY instead of diluting it with water or is it because I still have a leak or what? Or maybe its my thermostat? My dad had bought one but never installed it. He also suggested that a cylinder could be blown which is possible since I had a diagnostic done shortly after it started overheating and it listed a cylinder/transmission problem.
2)My car shakes when slowing down around 60mph. Even if I fill my tires with the appropriate amount of air. Does this mean my brakes are bad? Or maybe my tire rods? I have googled a lot of different things so it may sound like I know possible causes but its all because I have researched and tried to figure it out because I do not have a boyfriend or a husband anymore to check these things out for me. My father does sometimes but he doesn't always have time.

Can anyone help me figure out these problems so I can get them fixed ASAP?

Wednesday, February 24th, 2016 AT 10:35 AM