MIL ENGINE ICON SHOWED UP AFTER I CHANGED AN OIL...

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

atimuamigi

December, 4, 2012 AT 10:57 PM

MIL engine icon showed up after I changed an oil change. I filled the gas tank and tightened the gas cap and engine light still showed. I ran a diagnostic test and got the codes p0449/p0455 shows up as EVAP issues. 1 for circuit intermittent and the other for (gorss leak/no flow). My question is what exactly is wrong I want to see if there are any leaks in the wirings and solenoids/purge valves without having to change those good parts. I did some research found out I needed a smoke check-called local dealers which told me it'll run about $120.00-$200.00 is there anything else that you think might be an issue besides tightening and buying.

saturntech9

December, 4, 2012 AT 11:26 PM

Here is a tip I found on my online repair info give it a try and let me know it would explain both codes let me know what you find?

5.3L Check engine light on, code P0449 vent sol. Circuit.

Found vent solenoid rotten, it sits kinda on top of spare towards front of truck, you can see a small amount of rust coming through the body of the actual solenoid on the vent.

Wish I had one of dem dars picture cameras to show you.

Have replaced quite a few of these on these trucks

atimuamigi

December, 4, 2012 AT 11:29 PM

Thanks, so what exactly am I changing out?

saturntech9

December, 4, 2012 AT 11:35 PM

Your not changing anything yet your inspecting the vent solenoid like the tip says. Iam far away and cant see or test anything so thats your job let me know what you find.

saturntech9

December, 4, 2012 AT 11:45 PM

I posted a diagram of where the solenoid is.

atimuamigi

December, 6, 2012 AT 5:16 PM

Thanks brother it was the vent solenoid. Pretty rusty since its left out in the open at the bottom of the base by the spare tire. Found an online forum and it seems to be an issue with these models from chevvy-I wonder why? But thanks for all your help. I'll be posting more questions in the future.

Thank you,

V/R
07 Tahoe

saturntech9

December, 6, 2012 AT 6:08 PM

Your welcome thats what were here for glad to hear you found the problem. They need to out it out of snow and salt reach so that doesnt happen.

atimuamigi

December, 6, 2012 AT 6:48 PM

I know right. Okay so what about the code p0455? How do I fix that. Unless if I fix code p0449 than it'll fix that too as well?

saturntech9

December, 6, 2012 AT 7:46 PM

If the vent solenoid doesn't work properly it can set a P0455 thats what closes off the system so it can test for leaks. So lets fix the P0449 clear the codes and see what happens. Let me know what happens.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8