I DRIVE A 2006 S40 ABOUT 150000KM

• Anonymous
  • 2006 Volvo S40

Hi, I drive a 2006 S40 about 150,000km. The problem is there is no hot air (randomly) at the driver side. It also happened for both sides. I have the dealer checked and they did not record any problem since it happens randomly. But this is very inconvenient especially winter time is coming. I read some posts about software upgrade or problem with the damper motor, so I wonder if there are tests that I can do to find out what exactly the problem is before going back to dealer again.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, November 7th, 2012 AT 5:24 AM

• JIS001

The first step is always a CCM upgrade. If that does not work then worse case scenario you will need to replace the whole climate box since the blend door could be binding up. I will try and look these up further since there was a chassis break where the climate housing had to be replaced because of these problem.

Saturday, November 17th, 2012 AT 4:39 AM