2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Power Window Issue

WALLACE4
  • 2006 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
I have a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix with power windows the driver window is giving me problems it will roll down with no problems but will not go up in the past you get it to go back up but now it will now any help would be appreciated?
Thank you in advance!
Wednesday, January 29th, 2014 AT 4:25 PM

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Youll need to replace the window regulator. If youre given the option to get a regulator without a motor I wouldn't recommend it. Spend the little extra for the whole assembly
-1
Wednesday, January 29th, 2014 AT 4:30 PM
WALLACE4
Ok I was thinking it my had been the switch that you push to get the window to go up and down since I use to be able to play with the switch and it would go up, I'm glad I asked and thanks for your help, is the regulator hard to put in if a person has never done it before? Thanks
Wednesday, January 29th, 2014 AT 8:07 PM
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Now if you can play with the switch that could be the problem. The window regulator is tedious at best and challenging. Pop up the switch panel and check that for burnt smell. Unplug it and look at the prongs on the switch and the plug for brown or black melty spots. If you would like to try, call the local parts house and ask about price and availability of the switch.
Thursday, January 30th, 2014 AT 7:03 AM
WALLACE4
That is a good ideal I did run a hot and ground from the battery to the motor on the regulator and the window goes up and down with no issues that is kinda why I was thinking it may be the switch just figured I would check the switch is 75 so figure I would ask.
Saturday, February 1st, 2014 AT 6:30 PM
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Youre doin great. Doesn't seem like you needed my help at all. Shout if you need though
Saturday, February 1st, 2014 AT 6:51 PM