2006 Pontiac G6 AC

OLNEYSA
  • 2006 PONTIAC G6
My ac is blowing warm air sometimes semi cool to luke warm to hot I've tried charging it twice with134a and it still blows warm air to hot air, it can't be my compressor because it does kick on. What else could it be? I have 2 toddlers and it's just frustrating that I can't get it to operate correctly in this horrible TX weather. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.
Monday, July 6th, 2015 AT 4:36 PM

You could have a leak that is causing you to lose the freon you add. Tell me, do you have gauges to read low and high side pressures? That is the only way I am going to be sure what is happening. Also, let me know how much freon you added.
+1
Monday, July 6th, 2015 AT 8:59 PM
OLNEYSA
I used 2 12oz cans of 134a but the plastic caps sorta broke off the top if can on both of them so we just held the cap on there with the hose attached as we sprayed it in, only that half of the freon was coming out of the top of can instead of in the car Because they were broke bit we emptied both cans. Also you would think we would have gotten enough in there for it to do at least something but it did nothing
+1
Monday, July 6th, 2015 AT 9:25 PM
OLNEYSA
Also the freon had a sealer in it for leaks
Monday, July 6th, 2015 AT 9:27 PM
I have to be honest, it doesn't sound like enough got in the system. The system holds 1.10 lbs of freon. If you got half of each can in, that totals 12 ounces which too little.

Do me a favor, see if a local parts store will rent you gauges so we can see what the low and high pressure reading are. It is really hard for me to know what is happening without knowing that. If you can't get one, can you tell me if the low pressure side AC steel line from the compressor is getting cold? It should and the high side will be hot.

Hang in there. I'm trying, but it's hard without all the info. Hope you understand.
+4
Tuesday, July 7th, 2015 AT 7:24 PM