HOW CAN I REALIGN SLIDING DOOR ON A LDV MAXUS BU56EUJ.

2006 All Other Makes All Other Models

THE TYRE TECHNICIAN

September, 8, 2012 AT 11:44 PM

I HAVE GOT A USED ROLLER THAT GOES IN THE BOTTOM RAIL AND HINGE THAT WORKED OK OFF THE VAN IT CAME OFF OF. NOW FITTED ON MY VAN THE DOOR STILL LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING TO FALL OFF AND ALSO IMCUNABLE TO ADJUST THE HEIGHT OF THE DOOR, AND UNABLE TO LOCK AND UNLOCK, IT LOOKS LIKE THE DOOR NEEDS TWISTING BUT I DON'T KNOW, I HAVE TRIED ADJUSTING THE 2 BOLTS ON THE THE ROLLER AND THE 3 BOLTS ON THE DOOR AND NO MATTER WHAT I DO ITS STILL THE SAME. CAN ANYONE HELP OR SEND A PICTURE OF HOW I CAN REALIGN, TOO BE HONEST THIS IS A COMPANY VAN BUT I AM RESPONSABLE FOR THE PROPERTY INSIDE SO I NEED TO MAKE SURE THIS DOOR IS LOCKED.

Door Hinges

1 ANSWER

Door Hinge

1 ANSWER

September, 9, 2012 AT 2:05 AM

Send picture of what you have.

September, 9, 2012 AT 11:36 AM

Leave the roller alone. Loosen then 3 bolts of bracket on door. Lift the door higher than the center line and tighten the bolts and retest. That is the proper way to adjust the height. If the door is too high or too low, repeat. Before the next procedure, mark the present bracket location and adjust according wioth the markings as guide.

If you can send pictures, that would be the best.

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner