JERKING

• yworkman1210
  • 2006 Mercury Milan

Car has been jerking and we have had all three motor mounts replaced what could it be?

Sunday, September 16th, 2012 AT 7:29 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Did you have the plugs and coils checked? It could be secondary breakdown on the ignition.

Sunday, September 16th, 2012 AT 7:40 PM
  • yworkman1210

We did not have the spark plugs or the coils checked. We took it to a transmission shop yesterday and they pulled a code PCM code P0606 and he said it prbably needs to be reflashed at the dealership. I will give you a little more details- the car jerks from 1st into 2nd gear after its been driven for about 15-20 mins and after jerking for so long it wont change gear it will get stuck in 1st gear and I will have to pull over and restart the car

Sunday, September 16th, 2012 AT 7:51 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

606 is a pcm failure. I would have this replaced.

As far as the trans, it sounds like you have internal issues with hydraulics, it is basics in the trans, not controls.

Sunday, September 16th, 2012 AT 7:58 PM
  • yworkman1210

Ok. We are going to take it to the Ford dealership and have this taken care of. Roundabout, how much would a PCM replacement cost? Im a woman lol, and what is internal issues with the hydraulics? And would the basics in the trans be an expensive repair? Do you think it would possibly require a transmission rebulid or replacement?

Sunday, September 16th, 2012 AT 8:04 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Pcm around 1000.

Trans may need to be rebuilt. Look at about 2200-2500

Sunday, September 16th, 2012 AT 8:06 PM
  • yworkman1210

OK thanks!

Sunday, September 16th, 2012 AT 8:08 PM
  • yworkman1210

One last question would a reflash or reprogramming of the PCM help at all. The mechanic that we spoke with yesterday thought a reprogramming might help. Or does it sounds like the whole PCM has failed according to the code?

Sunday, September 16th, 2012 AT 8:16 PM
  • hand1583

Curious if you figured out the problem because I think I'm having the same issue? I have a manual 5 speed not sure what yours is. Thanks!

Saturday, October 20th, 2012 AT 2:11 AM
  • yworkman1210

Hi! Yeah, we found out what the problem was. Unfortunately, it turned out to be our transmission going bad:( We are just gonna get another car bc we were told that our clutches are messed up as well. We were looking at paying $4000+ to get it fixed.

Saturday, October 20th, 2012 AT 4:43 AM
  • yworkman1210

By the way, what type symptoms is your car presenting? We were told soooooo many different things until we finally took it to the dealership. We have a V6 automatic. We were told by a transmission mechanic that typically the Ford Fusions and Mercury Milans dont have good transmissions in them. Hope you are a little bit more luckier than we were!

Saturday, October 20th, 2012 AT 4:47 AM