Will not start

SHAWNS8592
  • 2006 INFINITI G35
I have the car listed above (coupe). The key fob got broken and I have been using the mechanical key. Which worked just fine. Problems first started when I had a friend try to install a new stereo system with an amp. After that day if I left the fuse that connects to the AC and car stereo in the vehicle overnight it would drain the battery and I would have to jump it every morning. Which was fine. Then I had what I thought was someone certified in wiring stereos in mess with it. Come to find out he was not certified at all and pulled wires out of I do not know where. After that day my vehicle would not start. If I put the key in the ignition and turn it on I get lights on my dash and my radio works but when I try to start it. It would not turn and start. I have no red key indicator. My vehicle still registers my key. On the dash my slip and VDF comes on. So I have no idea what it could be. I do not think my ECM is fried or anything. I turn my key and all I hear is a click. When I use a voltmeter to check my starter rely on the fuse box behind the battery nothing shows up. Is that normal? Or is my starter not getting power? Please help.
Sunday, March 18th, 2018 AT 2:05 PM

KEN
Yep people that don't know what they are doing can cause big problem which sounds like what has happened. I would remove the stereo and check out what was done so we can put it back. I can send all the wiring diagrams we need but have no idea what to send until we look at what happened please upload pictures so I can see.

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers, Ken
-1
Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 AT 4:45 PM

Sponsored links