MY BATTERY WAS DEAD FOR ABOUT 6MOS, SWAPPED A NEW MOTOR, NOW SPEEDO DOESNT WORK.

2006 Hyundai Sonata

rashmotabos369

June, 8, 2012 AT 2:36 PM

BUT. If you hook up a OBD II scanner to the ECU, it reads speed and all of the information that should be going to the instrument cluster. There is just something not letting the information get to the speedo.

June, 8, 2012 AT 2:39 PM

Are there any trouble codes?

June, 8, 2012 AT 2:39 PM

Which engine do you have?

rashmotabos369

June, 8, 2012 AT 2:51 PM

Well, I'm not sure if any trouble codes come up. I don't think any do. It's the 4cyl motor.

June, 8, 2012 AT 6:43 PM

When using the scanner, you did not check for trouble codes? It could be a faulty meter which has comuter chips inside it. You should be checking for body control faults.

rashmotabos369

June, 8, 2012 AT 6:58 PM

Well, the shop that swapped the engine checked everything with the scanner. Ill check with them to see if there were any codes. What do you mean by body control faults? And what is the meter?

June, 9, 2012 AT 7:54 PM

Meter cluster is what I meant. Body control modules are various computers within the vehicle that are interlinked, eg between engine, gauges, alarm etc. If there are any faults, some of the control modules cannot communicate with each other.

rashmotabos369

June, 12, 2012 AT 3:39 PM

Ok, so when you say Meter cluster, do you mean the instrument cluster? When I got in it yesterday, it worked for about a mile, then when to zero and stayed there. Could it be wiring?

June, 12, 2012 AT 6:40 PM

Yes, instrument cluster it is. It could be faulty or a loose wiring somewhere. It could also be due to a loose ground circuit connection. A scan tool would help to diagnose such problems if it has functions to test the instrument cluster.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Open Hood Video