DIESEL WHEN IT WAS REFUELING WITH GASOLINE

2006 Hyundai Santa Fe

Guillermo Villarreal Fadul

February, 24, 2012 AT 8:43 PM

The car is originally diesel engine. It has aprox 1/2 tank of diesel when it was refueling with gasoline. Then the engine stop.

hyundai santa fe 2006 diesel engine
kmhsgs1wp6u010701
could you let me know what are the posible case of the problem. How can I do the start the engine again
thanks

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

February, 24, 2012 AT 9:07 PM

Is this engine converted over to gasoline?

February, 25, 2012 AT 12:16 PM

Drain the fuel tank and clear the fuel lines. Refill the tank with diesel and bleed the system before you can start the engine again, Hope there are no damages to the engine.

Ras, the question is not clear so I guess you mis intepreted it, or is it me, lol.

Guillermo Villarreal Fadul

February, 25, 2012 AT 3:39 PM

We have been traying to start the engine but it dosent start anymore. The diesel engine is the original one in this hyundai model. It is one of the models sold in Panama Republic of Panama.

Guillermo Villarreal Fadul

February, 25, 2012 AT 3:43 PM

In fact, we drong the fuel tank and cleared the fuel lines. Refill the thank with diesel and bleeded the system. I guess there is another problem possible on a filter, seal, sensor, etc.

February, 25, 2012 AT 4:07 PM

Not likely to be any sensors. Problem could be with the fuelsystem or engine compression being damaged by gasoline combustion.

Have the compression checked and if you have a scan tool check for trouble codes.

Not sure which engine you have but for 2006, it should be common rail which would be bad news as the system is rather complicated and gasoline in diesel damage can be serious.

February, 25, 2012 AT 7:07 PM

I probably misinterpret it-unclear for sure-