Sliding door not closing

PAGGI24
  • 2006 HONDA ODYSSEY
I have a 2006 odyssey. My drivers side sliding door opens and closes fine but when it does closes for some reason the motor pushes the back end of the door further in and then pops back out which gives an annoying beeping sound while I drive and shows that the side door is open what could this be any help is appreciated thanks.
Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 AT 2:35 PM

Check for worn parts first which I think you haven't done then you'll have to adjust to close by using the 4 different areas in pic. You should also check the latch which where out as well.
+1
Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 AT 12:19 PM
HONDA TECH 1818
Check the center roller it could be worn, does this sliding door makes loud grinding noise when opening and closing? If not I have seen water damage the slider control module. Here are some diagrams so you can see how the system works.

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers
Monday, February 2nd, 2015 AT 12:06 AM
PAGGI24
I took it into the dealer and they replaced the door module for the tune of $390.00 but at least he car is working again.

Thanks for you help I love this site.
Monday, March 26th, 2018 AT 3:57 PM