Engine Misfire

JSARS454
  • 2006 FORD TAURUS

I have a 2006 Ford Taurus 3.0 V6. My check engine light came on and I got it scanned at the parts store. The reading was a misfire.(It was not noticable.) Since my car has 95,000 miles on the original plugs and wires I assumed that was the problem. I changed both items and now there is a much larger misfire. I then changed the coil pack as the next step and the misfire just seems to be getting worse. I properly gapped all the plugs and the wires are not crossed and are going to the correct cyclinders.

Thursday, June 28th, 2012 AT 9:09 PM

What is the misfire code? P0300?

Thursday, June 28th, 2012 AT 9:12 PM
JSARS454

I didn't get the code. I just saw that is said misfire. I haven't let it run for more than 5 minutes now and the check engine light hasn't returned.

Thursday, June 28th, 2012 AT 9:19 PM
DJCL
  • 786 POSTS

Run the car @ idle. Start pulling ignition wires one at a time to see which cylinder is not firing. Start hear

Thursday, June 28th, 2012 AT 9:54 PM
1970GREENOLDS

I have the same problem. After pulling ignition wire how will you know which cylinder is not firing?

Friday, July 22nd, 2016 AT 7:03 PM
2CARPROS KEN

Because the engine wont change when you get the cylinder that is not working.

Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 AT 11:24 AM