2006 Ford E-Series Van braking

JAMHELD
  • 2006 FORD E-SERIES VAN
When I hit the brakes the connection from the evap canister hose to the y connector sprays fluid and have bad brakes now can't seem to fix problem this just stsrted to happen when I just replaced front rotors and brakes
Thursday, November 7th, 2013 AT 5:20 PM

Have a pro scan it, it may be the abs module or a booster problem.
Friday, November 8th, 2013 AT 7:08 AM
MADMIKE1735
An evap line cant spray brake fluid. It simply holds gas fumes, and transfers from canister to the purge valve on your engine. The fluid you see spraying, what Y are you talking about? The one above the rear axle? Scanning for codes will not help diag a brake fluid leak. The evap system does use metal lines similiar to brake lines, so its possible your confusing them. Can you take pictures, and better explain to us exactly where the leak is? It sounds like the feed line to your rear brakes is bad. And at this point, the brake light, and abs should both be on. They do this when the brake fluid sensor notices a drop in fluid level, and it comes on as a precautionary to get it to a shop and fixed ASAP. Im not sure your mechanical capabilities, but if you feel your capable, you can make your own brake lines. You will need a double flaring tool to create the ends. Also, sometimes ford uses bubble flares, so you will need to know the difference between the 2. A bubble flare looks just like a bubble at the end, and a double flare looks like a funnel at the end of the line. Does this help?
Thursday, November 14th, 2013 AT 5:08 PM