Problem with Correct Camshaft Timing Procedure for 2.7 engine

VANDEON
  • 2006 DODGE CHARGER
I have a 06 dodge charger with a 2.7l engine, I have changed bearings, water pump and a few intake valves. Changed intake valves twice due to not having right timing and timing chain bad. As of now everything is correct but cant seem to get timing right, that is do to camshaft problem Im having. Ok, so the problem Iam having is with the left camshaft, book says camshafts marks are to be facing up 90 degree angle from cylinder head. Rightside is good, but left side when placing cam at 90 degree's facing up aligned with mark the front exhaust valves are open. Question I have, is the camshaft bad or is it ok that exhaust valves are open. Really stuck here.
Wednesday, September 5th, 2012 AT 1:14 AM

KEN
You have the right camshaft 180 off. In other words you need to rotate the crankshaft one full turn and then line everything up. Here are guides to help you get the job done.

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
Saturday, January 6th, 2018 AT 7:43 PM