Power SEAT Won't Recline

POOPYPANTS73
  • 2006 CHRYSLER PACIFICA

I have a 2006 Chrysler pacifica and the power passenger seat quit reclining. It worked fine until my husband was playing around with my daughter and he lied the seat down on her legs right at the same time I was pulling out of our bumpy driveway. We went over a big bump and after that he could not raise the seat again. Needless to say, he feels terrible and he wants to take it to a shop and have it repaired but I don't want to spend our Christmas money on that. It still clicks when you push the switch like it is going to work, it just doesn't move. I think it may have gone back too far from the combination of his weight and the bump at the same time. I am pretty handy with things and I have always replaced my own lights, changed my own oil, changed windows, etc. I really need help.

Sunday, November 28th, 2010 AT 3:12 PM

MIHALYB

Have the same problem, how did you repair it?

+1
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011 AT 12:34 AM
KHLOW2008

I am not sure how she did it but you can try shaking the the seat gently while trying to move it up. Quite often when motors over shoot, they can get stuck.

-1
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011 AT 12:44 PM
2CARPROS KEN

Try pulling the the seat gently upward while trying to move the switch. Quite often when motors over shoot, they can get stuck.

Please let us know what happens.

Best, Ken

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 AT 7:16 PM
SAILBILL
  • 2005 CHRYSLER PACIFICA
  • MERGED

Interior problem
2005 Chrysler Pacifica 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 46000 miles

All seat functions on the driver seat work except for recline. The seat back acts like it is stuck. I have checked for obstructions and have found none. It acts like it wants to move, iit just doesn't.

Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 AT 7:17 PM
VANSHUMWA
  • MERGED

I have a similiar problem with 54,000 miles. Can feel the seat back move on the right side, but the left side feels stuck. The right side just barely moves.

Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 AT 7:17 PM
BABYTONIA
  • MERGED

I have just started having the same issue this morning. Either of you find a solution?

Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 AT 7:17 PM
BABYTONIA
  • MERGED

Please. If anyone know how to fix this please let me know.

Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 AT 7:17 PM
BABYTONIA
  • MERGED

Sorry for the repeat posts. It told me I had to have 10 posts in order to PM one of the previous posters to ask them if they found a solution.

Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 AT 7:17 PM