2006 Chrysler Pacifica oil pressure switch leaking

BOBHART
  • 2006 CHRYSLER PACIFICA
  • AWD
  • 101 MILES
I want to replace the oil pressure switch not because it is bad but because it drips a drop or two of oil on the garage floor every 2 or 3 days. I was wondering if I can get to it to replace it after I remove the oil filter while I'm changing the oil or do I have to drop the air conditioner compressor down to get too the leak?
Thursday, January 1st, 2015 AT 12:04 PM

HOMER1967
You should be able to replace it by just removing the oil filter, it screws into the oil filter housing above the filter, but you may need a special socket though.
Thursday, January 1st, 2015 AT 12:38 PM
BOBHART
The Mechanic and I looked under the Pacifica while it was on the rack. The compressor is 2 inches or so beside the oil filter. The compressor had drips of oil on it. He then let the car down and started looking under the hood. He said he could see the oil pressure switch and would have to drop the compressor to get to it. Said he would charge between 150 and 200 dollars which I thought was pretty expensive. So I go to pick up a switch and a socket to replace the switch and also the oil and filter. I run my Pacifica upon my floor ramps and I'm almost ready to take out the oil drain plug. I decided to take a close look with a bright light. Like I mentioned, the compressor is like 2 inches from the oil filter. I look every where around the top of the oil filter and no oil leakage. It is completely dry until I start looking at the air conditioning compressor. The drips are coming from over top the compressor. I'm thinking the Mechanic is right. I have to drop the compressor down out of the way to get to the oil pressure switch. Could you give me additional advice, please.
Saturday, January 3rd, 2015 AT 12:59 AM
HOMER1967
All of my information systems say the switch is in the oil filter housing/adapter. None of them say that the removal or loosening of the a/c compressor is necessary. Are you sure that it is the switch that's leaking and not the valve cover?
Saturday, January 3rd, 2015 AT 8:46 PM
BOBHART
Every where I can see the valve cover it is dry and clean. I can't see the valve cover over top the a/c compressor so to answer your question, I don't know for sure. If I change the oil and filter that should tell me for sure if it is the oil pressure switch. If it is not the switch it has to be the valve cover. It is time for an oil change but that won't fix a valve cover leak so I guess I'm gonna have to let the garage handle it. I can replace the switch but the valve cover is in their ball park. Thanks so much for your time and knowledge. I am retired and a big garage bill really hurts retirees so I appreciate you gentlemen lending a helping hand.
Sunday, January 4th, 2015 AT 12:04 AM
HOMER1967
You are very welcome sir, and I surely understand your situation. Thank you for choosing 2 car pros and please let me know how it works out.
Sunday, January 4th, 2015 AT 5:43 AM