300c srt8 stalls in gear

426MAN
  • 2006 CHRYSLER 300
Car began stalling after WOTs when going to stop, once it did in nuetral when revving fast.
Now the car stalls once I shift it to D/R it idles fine in P/N.
Rpm struggles when in gear for a second or 2 & dies.
I can rev it up in d/r & keep it running but as soon as I left the throttle it dies
- Checked fuel pressure its fine at 58 psi
- Checked the TCC solenoid by jacking on the car up & still dies.

What can I do to fix this?
Friday, March 30th, 2012 AT 6:59 PM

Try cleaning the throttle plate and iac valve with choke cleaer, they get gummy and do that
-1
Friday, March 30th, 2012 AT 8:44 PM
FIXITMR
Always been this way? Have you checked for vacuum leaks?
-1
Friday, March 30th, 2012 AT 8:45 PM
426MAN
No vacuum leak, now I cant shift to gear without it stalling, about the IAC if it has a problem would my idle be really stable while on P/N?
Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 12:44 PM
It could as there is no load on the engine. But if it's bad it should set a code. That 's why you clean them with choke cleaner to get all the gummy crap off of them from oil coiming into the engine before it. It makes the plate and iac stick and engine die when you come to a stop
Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 1:40 PM
426MAN
I did lower the idle it worked fine but with a little struggle did a log to check the base spark is around (18 in P/N - 14 in D/R) now the car runs but when switchinh to R/D it struggle a little.
Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 1:52 PM
426MAN
I took a drive, switched gears many times, Idle struggles some times from D to R & vice versa but returns to be stable. Gonna clean them up & test the car after WOT.

So would a high rpm cause a car to stall in gear?
Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 2:45 PM
426MAN
Same problem happend again after WOT when comming to stop. Now my car stalls the same !
Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 8:00 PM
Ok I think I know the problem, i'd bet this car has one of the "bully Dog" type pcm modifiers on it as well as the K&N style air cleaners. Because you can't adjust an idle otherwise unless some type of thing like this as the pcm controls the idle. What you probably have doen is oiled up the filter to much and it's screwed up the MAF sensor. Try cleaning that off with choke cleaner and see if it helps. If not then take it to a pro who can physically look at this where he can actually scan this and see if anything comes up either code wise or freeze frame.
Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 8:40 PM
426MAN
Its tuned by a diablo predator I can adjust the idle & I did, it worked good but once I went wot it stalled back again, yes I have a CAI on the car its new with 2500 km on it & didn't oil it.
Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 8:56 PM
426MAN
Where is the maf sensor there is one sensor called IAT attached to the intake tube.
Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 8:59 PM
Not all cars have them some use a maf, some an iat, andsome use a speed density. You'll see it it's pretty big it should be anywhere along the duct work normally closer to the air cleaner. If it's not there then you don't have one. Take this to a pro who can look at this physically
Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 9:01 PM
426MAN
Will clean up the IAT & see. Why this happends only after WOT?
Saturday, March 31st, 2012 AT 9:16 PM