2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer brake lights

BART WOODS
  • 2006 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
Brake lights not working, checked fuses all good, checked bulbs all good, changed brake switch at pedal, but my third brake light is working
Thursday, April 23rd, 2015 AT 12:15 PM

RIVERMIKERAT
So you now have the regular brake lights but no third brake light? Have you checked the bulb? Have you ensured that power is reaching the bulb?
Thursday, April 23rd, 2015 AT 12:21 PM
BART WOODS
Third brake light works, but the regular brake lights dont
+3
Thursday, April 23rd, 2015 AT 12:53 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
Ahh. Ok. I switched them. Check the ground for the lights. Check the power lead for the lights. I can't visualize the rear-end of a Trailblazer right now, but I believe the brake lights are also the turn signals? Do those work?
Thursday, April 23rd, 2015 AT 12:57 PM
BART WOODS
All lights work except brake lights and now the third brake light isn't working either
Thursday, April 23rd, 2015 AT 1:20 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
Ok, so turn signals are not also brake lights? Have you checked all connections and grounds? Checked for power at the light pigtails/sockets? What about taillights (the ones that go on with headlights)?
Thursday, April 23rd, 2015 AT 1:49 PM
BART WOODS
Brakes and signals are the same and the signals are working. Where r the grounds at? But if all other lights are working there it shouldn't be the ground then, right? Could both circuit boards at taillights go bad at the same time?
Thursday, April 23rd, 2015 AT 4:39 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
Yeah, typically, if one works the other should. That's why I've worn furrows in my head scratching. Make sure the brake light switch is receiving and passing power. Make sure power is getting to the brake light portion of the pigtails.
Friday, April 24th, 2015 AT 5:23 AM