CHIRPING SOUND COMING FROM WHEEL

2006 Chevrolet Malibu

whenn

October, 5, 2011 AT 8:30 PM

My 2006 Malibu is making a chirping sound coming from the wheel. It's done it for some time now. When I wash my car, the sound will go away temporarily. The chirp corresponds with my speed as it will chirp once the wheel has made a complete turn - it will get fast or slower based on my speed.

I had my brake system replaced 18 months ago, new pads and rotors - with the hefty bill might I add.

I don't seem to have good luck with repairs as I am a young woman and I feel I get scammed some.

any thoughts of what I the dealership should say is wrong when I take it in? Costs?

thank you!

DrCranknWrench

October, 5, 2011 AT 8:42 PM

It may be the heat shield for the brake rotor rubbing up against it. Try pulling it away by hand. It is especially prone to do this in between the lower ball joint and rotor. When you pull it in one place, it will pull in or out on the opposite side. So, it can take a little time to get it to set right where it is not rubbing the rotor anymore.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement