Car wont start

KWYJIBO13
  • 2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA

I turn my key and the engine wont turn on. The lights, radio, air conditioner, etc. All work. No sounds, just wont turn on. My mechanic tested the fuses, starters, battery, etc. And everything is fine. He thinks it is the ignition module or ignition switch. Is that it?

Nothing happens other than the air conditioner, radio and lights come on

Thursday, August 7th, 2014 AT 7:13 PM

This could be a few things. First, I need you to check for power at the smaller wire on the starter when the key is in the start position. Have a helper turn the key while you check.

Here is a guide that will show you what I am talking about

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-a-starter-motor

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers

Friday, August 8th, 2014 AT 8:48 PM
KWYJIBO13

Mechanic tested all fuses, starter, battery, etc. Said that when he hooked up the computer, it would not even register so the people I talked to are sure it is the ignition switch.

+1
Saturday, August 9th, 2014 AT 8:19 AM
ROYDRICK WEST
  • 2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA

When I attempt to start my car it will not crank. It makes a continuous clicking sound when I turn the key. I was told it was my battery, so I bought a new one and it fixed the issue for about a week, now it is doing it again. What else could it be?

Monday, July 3rd, 2017 AT 4:04 PM (Merged)

Try resetting your security system check your manual it will tell you how to do it.

TOAST3144
  • 2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA

I replaced a knock sensor on Bank # 2 and the vapor canister purge solenoid today the car started and ran fine that it stuttered and I got service traction control Engine reduced light on the screen shut the car started it again drove about a mile. When I came out to start it it wont start now check engine light still on wont even crank over just clicking noise.

Check battery for condition including load test most places do for free try jumping car with another one also try resetting security system.

TOAST3144

Monitor theft system doesnt come up

Did you try t to reset it? Is battery in good condition? I said to check battery for condition including load test in first reply.

You are going to have to scan for codes to see why check engine light is on first as that may be preventing you from starting if it's a bad crank or cam sensor. Check all fuses under hood then if still a no start after doing this get back with me.

TOAST3144

Code p0449 the reason it wouldn't start is the knock sensor was not tightened correctly

Ok thanks, if you over tighten these knock sensors it breaks them and under tightening them screws them up so they won't work correctly. Thanks for your reply.

TDAY1957
  • 2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA

2006 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

My 2006 Impala drives great. It starts great. It has never given me trouble. Until about 5 months ago. The engine light came on and I had it checked. The guy said it was my gas cap. He cleared it. It came on again. He cleared it again the next week. It came on again.I finally bought another gas cap. The light came back on.
I had a new battery put in (for the first time) about two months ago. All is well. Until.
Everytime I stop and get gas, the car will never start the first time. It tries to start, and then I have to stop and re-start. It always starts on the second try. When cranking the car at any other time, hot / cold weather, it always starts like a new car. But I can go get gas in the next hour, and the car will not start on the first start. ONLY WHEN I GO TO THE GAS STATION. I've tried to get gas when it's almost empty, when it's half empty, and even when it only needs a few dollars. Each time at the gas station, it will not start.
The only thing I have not tried is to take the gas cap off in my driveway, and then try to start the car. I will try this tomorrow. My thought is each time I remove the gas cap, it does something to cause the car to not start the first time.
What can possibly cause this strange happening? Have you ever heard of this before?

Sincerely,
Tday1957
= = =

Your gas cap may be bad but if you have never changed the fuel filter then change it it may make a difference. Also when tightening the gas cap make sure to hear it click three times. That will prevent the light from going on. YOu have to do this after getting gas. You may be getting a vent problem as well so look under the car at the small hose that leads to the filler neck and make sure it's not pinched. But this may be your fuel filter

BOSSYCHICK
  • 2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA

2006 chevy impala car wont start windows wont roll up but dash lights come on radio works and door beeps when you open it

PROTECH1980
  • 925 POSTS

Will the car crank over and not start, or does it not crank at all?

PSHEPPARD3
  • 2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA

2006 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

car won't start & check fluids, reservoir low & sand in radiator cap.

Monday, July 3rd, 2017 AT 4:05 PM (Merged)

Is the sand in the radiator or just on the cap? Also, the overflow being low won't prevent the car from starting.

You need to check for spark and fuel. One of them will be missing. Let me know what you find.

LPFAN304
  • 2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA

This morning my car was running great. Went to go get in my car for work this morning. It wont start. All the lights light up. And when I go to turn it over. My car still wont start and the yellow check engine light comes on. Help me please

FIXITMR

Put it in neutral and try.

FIXITMR

If that dont work test solenoid 'start'wire for power from key.