CHEVY WHEEL SQUEAL OR WHISTLE

2006 Chevrolet Equinox

Biged55

January, 21, 2009 AT 7:12 AM

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2006 Chevy Equinox 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 45000 miles

Intermittent wheel squeal / whistle. Probably right front, does not seem to have any real pattern such as cold or hot or speed changes. Does not change when braking and brake pads and calipers are free and look fine. Sound starts with no warning and goes away the same way. Usually lasts for a few minutes at a time and will usually go away for days. Occurs at any speed, all the way from 0 to 60. Every time I have tried to have someone help find the source, it disappears. Anyone else have this and find a cure?

jdot300

June, 15, 2011 AT 2:38 PM

I am having the same issue with my 2006 Pontiac Torrent. I have replaced the brakes and the hub assemblies but it still makes the noise. Does anyone have any suggestions?

promechanic

September, 11, 2011 AT 3:48 PM

So the wheel bearing are new and the brake pads are new. What areas did you lubricate when you replaced the brake pads?
Did you replace the front and the rear?
Does your car have drum brakes on the rear or disc?

Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma