IS THERE A TSB ON THE CRANK PULLEY FOR THE 2006 ...

2006 Chevrolet Corvette

bruceblanchard

February, 6, 2013 AT 9:20 PM

Is there a TSB on the crank pulley for the 2006 corvettes and is it considered to be part of the powertrain? The pulley has a wobble and the belt makes a chirp sound. I have an extended warranty with powertrain coverage but the company I have the warranty with says it's not covered. I'd truely appreciate any info you can offer me as it is an expensive replacement job.

gmtech

February, 6, 2013 AT 9:35 PM

You might just need a belt for the noise. Are you noticing a vibration from the engine? If not the balancer is probably ok. They never look to spin true

bruceblanchard

February, 9, 2013 AT 8:43 PM

Thanks for the reply. No, the engine doesn't vibrate at all but there is a wobble of the pulley. The belt noice is not really bad just a little chirp and thats not always. I had a couple of mechanics look at it and they both said the balancer would need to be replaced, especially since the C6 corvettes have been problematic with the balancer. Something about the gel on the internal shifting. I'd appreciate it if you had anything more to add.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz