2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Transmission Control Module

BRANDONSTEW143
  • 2006 CHEVROLET COBALT
I am having a problem now with my 2006 Chevy Cobalt. I bought it in November and it worked okay for a few months. I had to get my car jumped started once because I forgot to turn the lights on auto and so my battery died. I got a jump from a friend, drove it a bit and it has been fine since then. A few days ago I was driving my car to work when I noticed my speedometer not working, I know nothing about cars so I decided to ask around. Some people said check fuses, so I went ahead and tested a few, nothing strange. I went to drive home when I also noticed it wasn't shifting properly, it's an automatic. It seemed to get stuck in a gear and not shift, all the while the speedometer is still broke. I looked it up, googled a bit and saw the TCM might be the issue. I had autozone plug in their little machine and it called out the TCM so with confidence I purchased a new one. It got in today so, with excitement, I replaced it, and it still had problems, except now all of my monitors stopped working, no RPM, no fuel, no Speedometer. I am very frustrated and I don't want to take it in to a shop to have someone con me out of money for a bit. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I really need my vehicle to commute and I'm desperate enough to consider trading it in or selling if the issue persists. Again keep in mind that I know absolutely nothing about cars so I may need a bit of detailed advice.
If I need to provide more info I'll gladly to so.
Tuesday, May 19th, 2015 AT 12:05 PM

ENGINE JOE 26
Is your engine light on?
-1
Tuesday, May 19th, 2015 AT 1:11 PM
BRANDONSTEW143
Yes. And my little screen displays power steering.
Tuesday, May 19th, 2015 AT 1:13 PM
ENGINE JOE 26
If you have a scanner, or can take it to a place like autozone who will scan it for free, write down the codes, and we can go from there, it may give a good indication of what's going on.
Tuesday, May 19th, 2015 AT 1:45 PM
BRANDONSTEW143
Awesome, I'll do that then. I'll get back with yout when I have the codes.
Tuesday, May 19th, 2015 AT 1:46 PM
BRANDONSTEW143
Hello, I apologize for the major delay in my response, I had pursued other options recommended through multiple forums however it was to no avail. So my engine codes are as follows, P0700 and U0101. This is as of today. Last week, Friday, I had scheduled an appointment to get a new TCM that I had purchased reprogrammed to my vehicle by the same dealership that I had bought the car from. I took it in with high hopes, gave them the new TCM, and waited for about an hour. They came back with nothing, saying that they could not get the new TCM to communicate with the ECM, however the old one was still communicating. They said they could do nothing further at the moment, so I paid and left. Since then I've put it on hold but now more than ever I am apprehensive for answers. Anything to point me in the right direction helps. Again thank you for anything that could potentially solve this massive headache for me.
Sunday, June 14th, 2015 AT 9:48 AM