SQUEAK/SCRUNCH NOISE FROM LEFT FRONT SUSPENSION

2006 Cadillac SRX

jporter1966@gmail.com

October, 28, 2011 AT 12:42 AM

When braking getting scrunching noises from left front suspension area. Had car to shop and all busings seem fine. They lubed / WD40'd the bushings etc and noise got better for about 100 miles. Now it is back. I have read several forums here that state. Brakes, or bushings, or strut. Sure hate to do porcess of elimination as I am sure it is one thing causing the issue.

Help!
thanks for your assistance.

caradiodoc

October, 28, 2011 AT 2:48 AM

Control arm bushings seem to be common on GM products. The clue is the noise changed when they were lubed.

There is a tool you might be able to borrow or rent from an auto parts store that borrows them called the "Chassis Ear". It is a set of six microphones, a switch box, and headphones. You clip the microphones to suspect points, then drive around while listening with the headphones. You can move the microphones around to zero in on the source of the noise. Be aware that many mechanics have never seen or even heard of this tool. Suspension and alignment mechanics use it to find rattles, squeaks, and other noises.

Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado