RATTLING SOUND AND DROPPING RPM

2005 Toyota Vitz

thornofcarrion

January, 11, 2011 AT 6:37 AM

I have a Toyota Vitz 2005. Getting two problems:
1. The car drops RPM and my car vibrates in low speed or in standing position.

2. I get a rattling sound in low speed.

Dr. Hagerty

January, 11, 2011 AT 7:46 AM

Is the check engine light on? Has the car been doing this for a while? When did it start?

thornofcarrion

January, 12, 2011 AT 6:47 AM

No engine light. Its been happening for over two months. I got spark plug, engine oil, filters, ATF Fluid, etc. Changed but to no avail. Can it be related to CAT? The Toyota guys removed it. A local mechanic told me that I need to get it re-programmed or something, to adjust voltage after the removal of CAT? Is it a valid suggestion?

Dr. Hagerty

Valid yes, and it could have a domino effect. Check it out and let us know what you find.

indika

September, 22, 2011 AT 7:05 PM

My name is indika from sri lanka. I hv toyta vitz 2007 model 1000cc n im having a problem. That is at "P" no engine vibration. But vibrates when it is on "D" with brake pedal
pressed. Basically when you stop at a signal. How can I fix it? Since I live in different country can any one help me to solve this issue.
Pls help me.
Rgds/indika

Dr. Hagerty

January, 3, 2013 AT 6:07 AM

.

Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Engine Oil Change and Filter Scion xD
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Oil Change and Filter Dodge Nitro