I recently got rear ended in the tail gate, it pushed the metal in 2 inches or so. Now, I'm finding I simultaneously am having multiple electrical problems (None of which I previously had). The following Electrical problems now exist:
1) The rear door hatch will not open (With key manually, or with remote)
2) Rear window will not go down
3) Rear washer & wiper won't work
4) Rear defroster won't turn on
In addition to the above rear tail gate area problems, I also have these two Electrical problems:
5) The rear window button on my dash also will not open my rear window
6) The power windows (ALL four) will not open
Lastly, all of the above happened simultaneously, and I feel, are likely due to the rear end. Also, I should point out that there is no clicks or noises when I attempt to unlock rear latch or any of the windows--indicative of an electrical problem. I'm thinking it may be covered by Auto Insurance? The hit was primarily to the right of the license plate, and not directly to the left of the license plate which I believe is where the Back Door ECU is located. Would that matter? Do you recommend the Auto Insurance to repair? To me, I know it's "somehow" all related, but you know how Insurance Companies are. Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you kindly!
Thursday, January 31st, 2013 AT 8:29 PM