HOW DO I REPAIR A SEAT WARMER FOR A ?

2005 Saturn Vue

pagepatriot

November, 6, 2011 AT 5:55 PM

Drivers side, the seat warmer light will come on when switched on, but no heat. Passenger side works. Fuse is good.

saturntech9

November, 6, 2011 AT 6:26 PM

Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

pagepatriot

November, 6, 2011 AT 6:55 PM

No, I don't. Been looking for loose wires, but can't even find the heating element.

saturntech9

November, 6, 2011 AT 7:07 PM

The heating elements are under the seat covers between the seat cover and the seat cushion. The most common thing to happen is the upper heating element to burn out and cause a open circuit so the heater becomes inop. You will need a multimeter to do some testing get one.A multimeter is way cheaper then guessing the element and being wrong. Let me know when you get one.

pagepatriot

November, 6, 2011 AT 8:08 PM

Thanks!

saturntech9

November, 6, 2011 AT 9:47 PM

Your welcome thats what were here for let me know when you get that meter.

pagepatriot

March, 30, 2012 AT 12:51 AM

I finally got my multimeter, where do I start now?

saturntech9

March, 30, 2012 AT 1:13 AM

Unplug the upper seat heater element then put the multimeter on low scale ohms the 200 ohm setting if it has one. Then hook the meter leads to the two terminals going to the upper heater element in the seat you should 2ohms or less. Let me know what you find.

pagepatriot

May, 6, 2012 AT 7:51 PM

I still cannot get it unplugged, what is the secret to getting it unplugged? I cannot even get my hand or arm underneath the chair.

saturntech9

May, 7, 2012 AT 4:50 AM

There really isnt any trick you follow the wire from the upper cushion to the connector. If memory serves right to unhook the connector you just bend the little tab over a little and unplug it.

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement