AC not cooling

PJS101975
  • 2005 PONTIAC VIBE

Recently, the AC in my 2005 Pontiac Vibe failed to blow out cool air. In an attempt to troubleshoot, I did the following: 1: Verified that the AC compressor clutch was engaging when AC button depressed - OK 2: Checked 10 amp fuse (interior fuse box) - OK. 3: Checked system pressure using R134a recharge kit. - OK. I did not add any refrigerant because the gauge indicated that the system was ok in terms of pressure. 4: Replaced the cabin air filter, removed the blower motor and cleaned it out. Ensured that the hose from the blower motor to the unit was connected properly as well. Also, when the AC system is on, there is a hissing noise coming from inside the console. Probably didn't notice before.

Unfortunately, I do not have a gauge that can hook into the high pressure end of the system. Would it hurt to add a small amount of R134a to see if the problem is resolved?

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 AT 4:38 PM

2CARPROS KEN

With the ac running grasp the larger of the two ac lines coming out of the firewall, if it is cold then it is not a problem with the refrigerant system but more or an air blend door problem which is common on those cars, here is a guide that will show you what to look for and how to replace the blend door actuator.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

Please let us know happens so it will help others.

Best, Ken

-2
Saturday, February 18th, 2017 AT 2:57 PM
2CARPROS KEN

Hey,

Did you ever get the problem fixed?

Best, Ken

JIMMY7864
  • 2005 PONTIAC VIBE

Air Conditioning problem
2005 Pontiac Vibe Two Wheel Drive Automatic 50000 miles

a/c stopped working when I slammed the glove box door. A/C button green light not on, nothing works ie a/c, heater etc. Used computer diagnostic tool from auto store, said no codes, PASS. Note, plenty of wires behind the glove box. Help

Saturday, February 18th, 2017 AT 2:57 PM (Merged)
MMPRINCE4000

Remove glovebox and cabin filter and look for a fuse, or connector.

-1