I WENT TO KIA DEALES TO CHANGE THE OIL IN MAR ...

2005 Kia Sedona

Anonymous

November, 21, 2012 AT 4:17 PM

I went to kia deales to change the oil in mar car. It light up only when was cold. After that I had no problems. Ther engine light was yellow because the gas cap wasn't for that model. They did the diagnosis even if I told them I knew the because the gas cap. I just want to change the oil, Even if I don't drive to long, may be 2 or 4 miles. I like the keep my fluids ok. After they change the oil. Next day the red light and the little thing that show low gas was permanently. They said they never did the diagnosis.
Any way the dis another diagnosis and said the oil pump don't have the pressure. After that I drove in the hway and while I have the gas on, the red light don't show up, only when I put the brakes. I really don't trust this people. What could be.? May be you can give me a hint. Thanks
Astrid Field

November, 21, 2012 AT 5:50 PM

If the red oil indicator light is showing, that would mean either the oil pressure switch is bad or there really is insufficient oil pressure and if this is the case, you are going to ruin your engine if you continue driving.

Have you checked the oil level?
What grade engine oil was used?
How many miles have you been driving under such conditions?
Are there any abnormal noise from the engine?

When the Malfunction Indicator Light is on, you should never ignore it. Most parts stores provides free scanning services.

Replace Gas Cap
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast