I need a solution

ANONYMOUS
  • 2005 DODGE STRATUS

I need a solution. So I have smoking coming from a hose, running out of my coolant tank. Which makes it seem like my car is on fire! Also my heater is blowing ice cold. The check engine light went off yesterday? I'm thinking coolant leak? I got coolant/anti freeze no dilution needed. I had to put it in twice. My main question is how much does this usually cost to fix! I'm a woman so I'm lost when it comes to car problems. Also the smoke smells sweet!

Sunday, December 30th, 2012 AT 2:41 AM

ASEMASTER6371

Did it overheat? It sounds like you may have damaged the head gasket from this issue.

Have a shop check this for you as we are here and not there to see it, touch it and give you an opinion

roy

Sunday, December 30th, 2012 AT 2:45 AM
M_H_RITZEL

Sounds like you need a hose replacement. Hoses get brittle with age and coolant. The heater blowing cold air means there is a air lock not letting the collant to cirulate. Sounds like a easy fix for a garage to do or you can have someone do it for you. Must have to make sure what hose is leaking. The sweet smell is the anti freeze. Reread your post, have the radiator cap tested it may not be holding back the pressure from the system letting it go to the overfill

Friday, September 22nd, 2017 AT 10:20 AM