POWER STEERING BELT TENSIONER

2005 Dodge Neon

tommy808

March, 27, 2011 AT 2:29 AM

Want to know how to replace a power steering belt TENSIONER or pulley on a 2005 dodge neon sxt 2.0

March, 27, 2011 AT 2:58 AM

REMOVAL - POWER STEERING PUMP

NOTE: Before proceeding with this procedure, Refer to Service Precautions.
Remove battery cable from the negative post on the battery.
Siphon as much fluid as possible from the power steering fluid reservoir.
Remove the power steering pump drive belt from the power steering pump pulley.
Remove the hose clamp securing the return hose to the power steering fluid reservoir. Slide the hose off the end of the reservoir fitting (Fig. 3).
Back out the tube nut securing the power steering fluid pressure hose to the power steering pump (Fig. 3), then remove the hose from the pump.
Remove the mounting bolt securing the support bracket to the rear of the power steering pump (Fig. 4).
Loosen the two mounting bolts securing the support bracket to the engine block (Fig. 4).
Remove the three mounting bolts holding the power steering pump to the cast bracket (Fig. 5). Access to the mounting bolts can be achieved through the holes in the pump pulley.

NOTE: It may be necessary to remove the screw holding the A/C line routing clamp to the radiator upper closure panel (Fig. 6).
Remove the power steering pump with reservoir from the engine.
For transferal of the power steering pump pulley, Refer to PUMP - DISASSEMBLY.

tommy808

March, 28, 2011 AT 1:20 AM

No not the power steering pump. I want to remove the power steering/air conditioning compressor TENSIONER so I can change the TENSIONER PULLEY

tommy808

March, 28, 2011 AT 1:28 AM

Im trying to raise/lower the motor to get to the bolts but it only can raise/lower a little where I still cant access the bolts and it doesnt look like it has much room to take off right side motor mount

Air Filter Replacement
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Kia Rio
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn Vue