POWER STEERING BELT TENSIONER

• tommy808
  • 2005 Dodge Neon
  • automatic

Want to know how to replace a power steering belt TENSIONER or pulley on a 2005 dodge neon sxt 2.0

Sunday, March 27th, 2011 AT 2:29 AM

• rasmataz

REMOVAL - POWER STEERING PUMP

NOTE: Before proceeding with this procedure, Refer to Service Precautions.
Remove battery cable from the negative post on the battery.
Siphon as much fluid as possible from the power steering fluid reservoir.
Remove the power steering pump drive belt from the power steering pump pulley.
Remove the hose clamp securing the return hose to the power steering fluid reservoir. Slide the hose off the end of the reservoir fitting (Fig. 3).
Back out the tube nut securing the power steering fluid pressure hose to the power steering pump (Fig. 3), then remove the hose from the pump.
Remove the mounting bolt securing the support bracket to the rear of the power steering pump (Fig. 4).
Loosen the two mounting bolts securing the support bracket to the engine block (Fig. 4).
Remove the three mounting bolts holding the power steering pump to the cast bracket (Fig. 5). Access to the mounting bolts can be achieved through the holes in the pump pulley.

NOTE: It may be necessary to remove the screw holding the A/C line routing clamp to the radiator upper closure panel (Fig. 6).
Remove the power steering pump with reservoir from the engine.
For transferal of the power steering pump pulley, Refer to PUMP - DISASSEMBLY.

Sunday, March 27th, 2011 AT 2:58 AM
  • tommy808

No not the power steering pump. I want to remove the power steering/air conditioning compressor TENSIONER so I can change the TENSIONER PULLEY

Monday, March 28th, 2011 AT 1:20 AM
  • tommy808

Im trying to raise/lower the motor to get to the bolts but it only can raise/lower a little where I still cant access the bolts and it doesnt look like it has much room to take off right side motor mount

Monday, March 28th, 2011 AT 1:28 AM