PLEASE HELP ON IDLE ISSUES!!!!THANK'S

2000 Dodge Neon

tsog29

August, 27, 2009 AT 9:28 PM

2000 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 148000 miles

hello and thank you in advance for looking through this. I have a 2000 neon I just bought for my son and I replace the timing belt, water pump, alt. Belt, powesteering belt, upper and lower engine mount, trans fluid and filter and did a full tune-up. My problem is that the car runs really good, engine sound really great and shift fine. When I come to a stop, the idle goes down a little and the whole car vibrates, when that happens I put in neutral and put it back in drive. The vibration stop. I cleaned the throttle body really good and clean the iac valve but no luck. It's not throwing any code. I know I did the timing right. I check for a vaccum leak only found one but that did no solve the problem. I do a lot of side job on cars and this really is giving me a head ache. Im thinking of replacing the iac valve but don't know if that will help. Any reply or help please.

tsog29

August, 28, 2009 AT 10:37 PM

Just bought a iac valve and did not have any luck at all. So im still trying to find the problem for now. Wish me luck.

valentine37012

February, 23, 2010 AT 11:14 AM

My Neon does the same thing as you discribed. Change the Power Steering Switch. It controls the idle.

doinitmyself

July, 23, 2010 AT 1:55 AM

Hi my 2003 neon is doing the same thing. It drives great but when at a stop it will idle rough? I put it in neutral and it stops, it doesnt die or anything like that but just very annoying. I have changed the upper and lower motor mounts spark plugs and wires. If you find out what the problem is please let me know.

Thanks Ken

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX