What does it mean when car jerks and barely catches speed?

JVALENZ25
  • 2005 DODGE NEON
I was going about 50mph and when I slowed down my car started to jerk and kept jerking when pressing the gas pedal.
Monday, February 13th, 2012 AT 12:56 AM

DO YOU HAVE. FUEL?

Monday, February 13th, 2012 AT 12:58 AM
JVALENZ25
Yes just had a oil change last week. Car was not over heating either, could it be a spark plug?
Monday, February 13th, 2012 AT 1:02 AM
DOUBT JUST 1 PLUG-MAYBE A "NO SPARK" OR "NO FUEL" OR INTERMITTENTLY WORKING.

IS YOUR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON????

IF SO, YOU NEED TO GET IT CODED---GET THE ACTUAL CODE NUMBERS (NOT SOMEBODY'S OPINION OF WHAT THEY MEAN)

JUST A LITTLE TIP....YOUR OWNER'S MANUAL PRESCRIBES THAT YOU CHECK YOUR OIL WEEKLY

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN A WEEK!

EVER SEE 'EM OUT THERE CHECKING AN AIRPLANE EACH TIME BEFORE IT FLIES?....THAT'S NOT FOR "YOU",......THAT'S FOR THE PILOT, HE'S WANTS TO COME HOME SAFELY

DID YOU PULL THE STICK, IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOU GOT IT SERVICED? I HAVE SEEN STRANGE REALLY UNCOMMON THINGS......LIKE A CELL PHONE INHIBITING ONE'S ABILITY TO PROPERLY PERFORM THEIR JOB....LIKE A PLUG LEFT OUT....NOT ENOUGH OIL.....NO OIL AT ALL...WRONG CAR COMPONENT DRAINED (LIKE TRANSAXLE) THE DUMPING 5 EXTRA QUARTS OF OIL INTO THE OIL PAN (WHICH NEVER GOT DRAINED)

MORAL OF THE LAST ONE IS: NOW YOU HAVE 10 QUARTS OF OIL IN YOU ENGINE, AND NO TRANSMISSION FLUID IN YOUR TRANSAXLE!

I KNOW THE CELL PHONE GOT BLAMED...SORRY...SOME PEOPLE JUST FORGET OR THEY'RE THE "NEW GUY"......REGARDLESS WHAT HAPPENS, IF YOU ARE NOT CHECKING THINGS TOO...YOU WILL BE THE ONE "INCONVENIENCED", NO MATTER WHO IS AT FAULT!

ARE YOU ABLE TO REPAIR THINGS?

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

LET'S HEAR ABOUT THE CODES AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT HAS OCCURRED RECENTLY

DOES IT STILL MOVE?

HOW DOES THE ENGINE SOUND?

COULD IT BE A TRANSMISSION ISSUE?

Monday, February 13th, 2012 AT 1:31 AM
HAVE YOU BEEN UNDER THE HOOD TO SEE IF SOMETHING CAME LOOSE OR BROKE, OR SOUNDS FUNNY?

Monday, February 13th, 2012 AT 1:32 AM