MY TOWN AND COUNTRY HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED AS HAVING...

2005 Chrysler Town and Country

gvieira

October, 16, 2012 AT 4:07 PM

My Town and Country has been diagnosed as having a lower engine lifter issue. Loud clicking when engine is at a higer RPM. Repair recommended is a NEW ENGINE. The bid is $3600 to install a used engine, including parts. Does this sound reasonable.

saturntech9

October, 16, 2012 AT 4:14 PM

So this is a brand new chrysler engine a reman used etc?Also what is your zip code?

gvieira

October, 16, 2012 AT 4:31 PM

Zip code 92106, San Diego. Engine is USED.

saturntech9

October, 16, 2012 AT 5:53 PM

Forgot to ask you what size engine do you have?

saturntech9

October, 16, 2012 AT 5:54 PM

Also do have a break down of the labor and parts costs and what the warranty is on the engine?

gvieira

October, 16, 2012 AT 5:58 PM

3.8L V6 I believe. And out of warranty, so I must pay for repair. Looks like lower engine knocking, rod bearing. They want to replace with a used engine, $2000, plus labor. All in $3650 . Sound reasonable?

saturntech9

October, 16, 2012 AT 9:49 PM

The labor is about 20 hrs times there shop labor rate. The engine will depend on how many miles is on it what the warranty is where there getting it from etc. Also the other parts hoses etc will depend on mark up etc. Giving a engine estimate there are a lot of variables I would imagine it would cost more to do in the san diego area. So I could see it costing that much when its all said an done.I would call around atleast three places and find out the miles on the engine and the warranty on the engine.

Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn LS1
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic