SHUT CAR OFF IN DRIVENOW OWN START

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser

jonna.m.campbell

November, 17, 2012 AT 12:16 AM

Shut car off in drive, now own start

Wiring Issue?

cadieman

November, 17, 2012 AT 1:36 AM

Have the battery and charging system checked. Is it turning over?

November, 17, 2012 AT 1:38 AM

Will it crank? If yes, have a helper crank it while you visually check for spark at the spark plugs. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Any applicable trouble codes?

jonna.m.campbell

November, 19, 2012 AT 3:07 PM

Car will not crank. I had the neuatral saftey switch replaced, still no crank, will not turn over. Taking key to dealer to get it checked. What else could it be?

jonna.m.campbell

November, 19, 2012 AT 3:08 PM

Battery and altenator new.

November, 19, 2012 AT 3:15 PM

Hi, I didn't see cadieman when I posted, he was here first. I don't want to butt-in.

cadieman

November, 19, 2012 AT 10:31 PM

Np jdl the more the marrier

November, 19, 2012 AT 11:19 PM

Is the security lite on the flashing when you try to start? Any applicable trouble codes? Note the diagram. The pcm controls the coil side of starter relay. The load side of relay, has the line with arrowhead. If you use a jumper between the two terminals on the load side of relay, the starter should crank. Just make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and the e-brake is set. If the security system is involved, even if you crank it, it may not start.

Note the fuse in diagram, not only check the fuse, check for voltage on fuse circuit.

cadieman

November, 19, 2012 AT 11:38 PM

Have you checked the charging system? Will the battery Pass a load test? Check the voltage at the starer. Then check for power on the seloniod s terminal for a start signal when the key is in crank position.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda CR-V
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata