CAR WILL NOT START I HAVE CHECKED THE FUEL ...

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer

lee628

November, 2, 2012 AT 3:18 PM

Car will not start I have checked the fuel pressure it holds at 57 pounds. If it does start it acts like it is running rich for a few seconds then clears up. If I remove the fuel relay it will start til it runs out of pressure. I have cleaned the throttle body and still the same. What other sensors can I check. The engine light is not on and I have no codes

DrCranknWrench

November, 2, 2012 AT 3:27 PM

The fuel pressure regulator may have some sort of problem. Also a bad oxygen snesor can cause that sort of issue. You might also check the idle air control valve, IACV to make sure it is working properly.

lee628

November, 2, 2012 AT 3:38 PM

The fuel pressure regulator is not a seperate it is built into the fuel pump from what I am told. The fuel pressure is what is listed in the repair book and holds this pressure with no loss of pressure. Would any of these sensors show a code?

DrCranknWrench

November, 3, 2012 AT 4:11 AM

Oxygen sensors should show a code.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang