Car will not start I have checked the fuel.

LEE628
  • 2005 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER

Car will not start I have checked the fuel pressure it holds at 57 pounds. If it does start it acts like it is running rich for a few seconds then clears up. If I remove the fuel relay it will start til it runs out of pressure. I have cleaned the throttle body and still the same. What other sensors can I check. The engine light is not on and I have no codes

Friday, November 2nd, 2012 AT 3:18 PM

DRCRANKNWRENCH

The fuel pressure regulator may have some sort of problem. Also a bad oxygen snesor can cause that sort of issue. You might also check the idle air control valve, IACV to make sure it is working properly.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, November 2nd, 2012 AT 3:27 PM
LEE628

The fuel pressure regulator is not a seperate it is built into the fuel pump from what I am told. The fuel pressure is what is listed in the repair book and holds this pressure with no loss of pressure. Would any of these sensors show a code?

Friday, November 2nd, 2012 AT 3:38 PM
DRCRANKNWRENCH

Oxygen sensors should show a code.

Saturday, November 3rd, 2012 AT 4:11 AM