05 CHEVY SINGLE CAB 4.3 V6 AUTO TRANS I HAVE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CODES

2005 Chevrolet Silverado

bk1989

April, 13, 2012 AT 6:34 PM

I have a 05 Chevy single cab 4.3 v6 auto trans I ha e check engine light codes p0101 and p0449 my truck would not go above 50 the other day while dri ing now will not go above 25 and eventually died on me. I put it on a lift it went through all gears fine trans good engine good and full power in park on the ground but while driving no power. On code 0101 I was wondering if I should do MAF sensor witch I already cleaned or some sensor high speed sensor on the throttle body I'm not sure if that's the name any ideas I need help bad

hmac300

April, 13, 2012 AT 7:06 PM

Because you have the 0449 code it can also cause a maf code. You need tocheck all your hose connections onteh engine and then have a smoke test done on the evap system. It may be the solenoid causing your problems. Also make sure the harness going to the maf is not by any plug wires, solenoids or relay.

bk1989

April, 15, 2012 AT 7:07 PM

The maf code come up before the evap code on the code reader does that matter or still go with checking the evap code first? And since I already did a lot (on code 0449)checked vacation lines and replaced value under the Hood I was thinking the canister really not much left And also my oil pressure gauge reads really high sometimes above 80 on my dash I heard bad stepper motor maybe any ideas oil in truck is good and not overfilled

hmac300

April, 15, 2012 AT 7:37 PM

Youmight have a bad switch for the op, check that manually. Also if you have put a performance air filter on it, they get to much oil and will set a maf code. The cannister vavle get sufll of dirt and makes it quit working so if you can clean it out it may work again, if not replace it.

bk1989

April, 15, 2012 AT 8:16 PM

What do you mean op

hmac300

April, 15, 2012 AT 9:50 PM

Oil pressure switch

bk1989

April, 17, 2012 AT 3:03 PM

Do you think with the problems stated first it could be catalyst converter

hmac300

April, 17, 2012 AT 3:54 PM

The codes your aregistering say no. Fix the things that are wrong like the evap first then clean the maf remove the old codes and start from there.

bk1989

April, 17, 2012 AT 9:39 PM

Well it turns out it was the converters I cut in front of them to test my truck wouldn't run I had to but the were clogged and that's what was making g the sound too I don't have the codes except for p0449 I have changed gas cap and purge valve also cleaned vent canister with air hose it was dirty put it back on and still same code any idea what would be my steps to fixinging this I don't have 90 dollars for someone to tell me what I already think and still have to buy parts I'm doing it all myself my truck only has 101,600 miles

hmac300

April, 17, 2012 AT 11:18 PM

Change the valve and then look for an air leak, it can be miniamal. That is why you need a smoke test to see where the leak is and fix it.

bk1989

April, 18, 2012 AT 4:36 PM

What is the difference between the vent control valve and canister vent solenoid I know where the canister is is the vent control the other thing attached directly to the side of the canisters or is it the one at the end of the hose the hose is about two feet going to something else under my bed