I HAVE A CTS WITH TIMING CHAIN PROBLEMS AND ONE ...

2005 Cadillac CTS

dsamms

February, 18, 2013 AT 4:38 PM

I have a cts with timing chain problems and one dealer wants to replace the cam chaft actuators and the seals around the spark plug gaskets. Another dealer did not quote those parts and did not think the actuators need to be replaced. What other parts should be replaced while they are in replacing the timing chains.

hmac300

February, 18, 2013 AT 5:54 PM

If the chain shoes are worn those should be replaced. Maybe tensioners

dsamms

February, 18, 2013 AT 6:58 PM

The timing chain is making noise but has not broken yet, the car is having hesitation problems, etc. A while back the car fouled a plug but they stated that they did not see any signs of any other issues at that time. No oil was on plug and car did fine until it started this which seems like the same type of hesistation issue as before. No code in computer either time.

hmac300

February, 18, 2013 AT 8:07 PM

It could be low fuel pressure or an egr problem likepartial blockage, but if it's making noise it shold be looked at. The other dealer that wanted to change theactuators may have thought that they were sticking or there may be a tsb on them which I currently don't see. The fuel pressure shold be 55-60 psi. If the plug is fouling then that seal should be replaced if it has done it twice.

Step by Step Timing Chain Replacement Guide
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler