My key gets stuck ignition

RICKYSH11
  • 2005 CADILLAC CTS
When I put my key in the ignition it gets stuck the car would start and crank but the "service theft system" message on the DIC and when that happens the theft icon shows and so does the Traction control icon, the steering becomes stiff and the DIC won't show information about the fuel and neither will the fuel work. What could be the cause this and how expensive could the cost probably be? I've read that the ECM is going bad and.
Monday, June 13th, 2011 AT 12:28 AM

FACTORYJACK
It could possibly be due to faulty ECM. Does the battery seem healthy, low voltage during crank may cause problems, as well as communication data line fault. It would need some hands on diagnosis to get an accurate idea, and this is going to be your cost variable.
+1
Monday, June 13th, 2011 AT 6:09 PM
RICKYSH11
Thanks, I've been reading info that lead towards the problem being the ECM. The battery is always showing around 13.9- 14.6 voltage on the DIC, although I have experienced problems sometimes when the car wouldn't start on just two occasions.
-1
Monday, June 13th, 2011 AT 6:40 PM