Door trunk release won't work?

SKEETER185
  • 2005 BUICK LESABRE
The trunk opens with key or by pushing button on fob but the button in the door won't open it. Thanks Skeeter
Monday, November 14th, 2011 AT 12:56 AM

Have the trunk lock out switch checked out-
-2
Monday, November 14th, 2011 AT 1:14 AM
SKEETER185
I know the push button switch on the door works with an ohm meter. On and off. But am thinking you want me to check something out on the trunk switch itself? Thanks so much for answering me. Oh and I will be donating. Skeeter
Monday, November 14th, 2011 AT 1:33 AM
Check for power at the lock out switch
+1
Monday, November 14th, 2011 AT 5:57 AM
SKEETER185
If the lock out switch is the push button switch that opens the trunk no power at the switch. I have checked every fuse under the hood and under the back seat. BUT one of the fuses when I pull it out and push it back in the trunk opens?
+4
Monday, November 14th, 2011 AT 9:55 PM
RVISCUSO
Skeeter185, have you found a solution? My 2000 has the same problem. Thanks.
Monday, December 12th, 2011 AT 2:29 AM
SKEETER185
I guess it is somekind of door relay inside door. I didn't take it apart. Probably get myself into some real problems if I take the inside door off. :)
Monday, December 12th, 2011 AT 5:40 AM
JAL7788
  • 2004 BUICK LESABRE
Remote keyless device works fine for locking and unlocking doors however, trunk and emergency buttons are don't work--the trunk release button on the driver door doesn't work either---any ideas as to what the problem might be? All fuses are good
Monday, April 29th, 2019 AT 2:49 PM (Merged)
MMPRINCE4000
This sounds like a rear integration module RIM has gone bad here are instructions to replace the unit and the location and the truck release wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works. Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
+3
JODIHART
Thank you for this post I had this problem and had to replace the RIM unit. All fixed! I love this site.
+1
DZSANE3
  • 2001 BUICK LESABRE
Computer problem
2001 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

so.I brought my car from a dealership. I took it in to have the fuel gauge replaced. When I got it back it the electrical system is different. It just doesn't work like it did before it went in. The trunk release doesn't work, the lights have to be manually turned off after driving. It's weird. Could it be a fuse lose or something more serious?
MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

I would have the car straight back and get them to sort it out, if it was ok before they did any work, there is a good chance that they have disturbed something.

KRISTAL
  • 1992 BUICK LESABRE
The left turn signal and trunk release are not working. I have tried replacing the fuse. Actually I lost the cover to the fuse box, so I tried replacing all fuses, one at a time. I believe it is the fuse located in slot 8. The emergency flashers work, but when the left turn signal is on it stays steadily lit. What is the next step in determining the problem?
If it isn't flashing, replace the flasher.
DAN_K
The trunk release actuator can be checked easily. Unplug the connector at the actuator on the trunk latch. Using a test light or Digital Volt Ohmmeter (preferred), see if you get a reading when a helper hits the trunk release button. If you have power and ground at the connector when the trunk release is actuated, then the actuator itself is faulty.