My car has been running just fine I ran to store.

MISTYBRINK
  • 2004 PONTIAC GRAND AM

My car has been running just fine I ran to store other day came out car would not start thought it was fuel filter but its showing has enough pressure to start tried fuses battery everything comes on in car it sounds like it wants to start its turning over like the sound when flooded but not starting what do you think this could be

Monday, November 12th, 2012 AT 7:19 AM

MEKANIC4755
  • 86 POSTS

Will need some more information to help with this problem. Need engine size, is that 19,000 miles or 190,000 miles? Thanks for using 2CarPros

Monday, November 12th, 2012 AT 11:12 AM
MISTYBRINK

Its 19,000 miles and and a v4

Monday, November 12th, 2012 AT 9:42 PM
MEKANIC4755
  • 86 POSTS

This sounds like it may be flooded, try holding the gas pedal on the floor to see if it will start. If it starts let off the pedal so you do not over rev the engine, and let it run for a bit to clear itself. Sometimes these things have problems out of the blue for no apparent reason. Watch and seen if you have a cloud of bluish, black smoke coming out of it, if this continues you have a problem, is your check engine light on? Thanks for using2CarPros

Monday, November 12th, 2012 AT 10:26 PM
MISTYBRINK

I just turned it to where acc is not runming but on fori 12 min them off then it started

Monday, November 12th, 2012 AT 10:30 PM
MEKANIC4755
  • 86 POSTS

Is the check engine light on? Any black smoke come out when started? Thanks for using2CarPros

Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 AT 1:01 AM
MISTYBRINK

No smoke nothing runs great now do u think it was security system

Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 AT 1:52 AM
MEKANIC4755
  • 86 POSTS

Its a possibility, I would just keep an eye on it and see what it does. Thanks for using 2CarPros

Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 AT 2:22 AM