No spark at the plugs

JAMSIE119
  • 2004 NISSAN X-TRAIL

I have a Nissan x trail that just cut out and now there is no spark at the plugs, ive had it on a Nissan diagnostic machine they changed the accelerator camshaft and crankshaft sensors and that cleared all faults but still no spark checked the timing which was off so changed the timing chain and tensioners. Still no spark there is also no signal at the fuel pump but I have checked it is working

Thursday, June 21st, 2012 AT 2:17 PM

WRENCHTECH

Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on and let me know what you have there.

There is a ECM relay that goes out as well on the this car. Here is a guide and some diagrams to help you confirm the problem.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Please let us know what happens so it will help others.

Cheers

-2
Thursday, June 21st, 2012 AT 2:49 PM
KHLOW2008

Fuel pump would not have any voltage if engine is not running. It would have voltage briefly when ignition switch is turned on and unless you are cranking the engine, there would be no voltage. If no sparks are available, the fuel pump relay would not be activated as well during cranking.

The injector should have battery voltage and if it shows 9 volts, that could mean the battery is not fully charged or there is a loose connection somewhere.

How about the ignition coils, it requires one of the wire to have battery voltage as well.

-1
Thursday, June 21st, 2012 AT 5:59 PM
JAMSIE119

Checked the ignition coils there is 3 cables at them one has 12v and the other 2 are both nothing. Charged the battery and used a booster pack with it all connections I tried are 12v but still nothing at the fuel pump or spark plugs

-1
Friday, June 22nd, 2012 AT 7:13 PM
KHLOW2008

If vehicle is equipped wit immobilizer, have it checked. If the transponder is not communicating, the starter would be able to crank but engine would not fire up. If you have a spare key, use it to test.

If not equipped with immobilizer, recheck the crankshaft position sensor. Remove it and check the reluctor for damage. Test wire for continuity between the ignition coil and ECM.

+3
Saturday, June 23rd, 2012 AT 3:14 PM
JAMSIE119

I was thinking the immobilizer but not sure if anythin I can do to check it or if I would have to get someone out to do it, when you turn key in ignition the led of dash flashes then goes on steady

+4
Saturday, June 23rd, 2012 AT 5:50 PM
KHLOW2008

The light should go off. That means it is not responding to the immobilizer. A correct scan tool should be able to check it out. As I mentioned, if you have a spare key, try it.

-1
Saturday, June 23rd, 2012 AT 8:16 PM
KRSGT

I have solved the issue with the 2005 Nissan xtrail eng xt40 with no spark if any would like to know it was the ECM relay I installed a new one I am off and running.

I love this site.

Sunday, August 6th, 2017 AT 1:29 PM
LUKETECH AUTO
  • 2005 NISSAN X-TRAIL

Hi guys, out there I am having a problem with my vehicle. When cranking it she wants to take but does not then swings free. Got fuel imob light goes off wen key is on, new sensors.

Monday, August 7th, 2017 AT 3:18 PM (Merged)

Check fuel pressure with gauge auto parts rent it. See link.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator
scan for codes and check crank sensor fuel pressure should be 51 psi.

Messed up on this one. See pictures for checking power from ECM and coils. Also, check fuses under hood.

+1
KHLOW2008

Did you check for trouble codes?
Check the crank position sensor.