NO SPARK AT THE PLUGS

2004 Nissan X-Trail

Jamsie119

June, 21, 2012 AT 2:17 PM

I have a nissan x trail that just cut out and now there is no spark at the plugs, ive had it on a nissan diagnostic machine they changed the accelerator canshaft and crankshaft sensors and that cleared all faults but still no spark chacked the timing which was off so changed the timing chain and tentioners. Still no spark there is also no signal at the fuel pump but I have checked it is working

Wrenchtech

June, 21, 2012 AT 2:49 PM

Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on and let me know what you have there.

June, 21, 2012 AT 3:00 PM

On the diagnostic tool you shoudl be able to see if the crank and cam sensor are pulsing. Likewise the injectors can be tested.

Jamsie119

June, 21, 2012 AT 3:02 PM

Checked at injector there is 3 cables there is 9v on one cable and nothing at the other 2 cables and no voltage at the fuel pump

Jamsie119

June, 21, 2012 AT 3:30 PM

The diagnostic machine is saying everything is fine

June, 21, 2012 AT 5:59 PM

REading the codes would show everything is fine. Reading the live data could be a differentstory.

Fuel pump would not have any voltage if engine is not running. It would have voltage briefly when ignition switch is turned on and unless you are cranking the engine, there would be no voltage. If no sparks are available, the fuel pump relay would not be activated as well during cranking.

The injector should have battery voltage and if it shows 9 volts, that could mean the battery is not fully charged or there is a loose connection somewhere.

How about the ignition coils, it requires one of the wire to have battery voltage as well.

Jamsie119

June, 22, 2012 AT 7:13 PM

Checked the ignition colis theres 3 cables at them one has 12v and the other 2 are both dead. Charged the battery and used a booster pack with it all conections I tried are 12v but still nothing at the fuel pump or spark plugs

June, 23, 2012 AT 3:14 PM

If vehicle is equipped wit immobilizer, have it checked. If the transponder is not communicating, the starter would be able to crank but engine would not fire up. If you have a spare key, use it to test.

If not equipped with immobilizer, recheck the crankshaft position sensor. Remove it and check the reluctor for damage. Test wire for continuity between the ignition coil and ECM.

Jamsie119

June, 23, 2012 AT 5:50 PM

I was thinking the immobilizer but not sure if anythin I can do to check it or if I would have to get someone out to do it, when you turn key in ignition the led of dash flashes then goes on steady

June, 23, 2012 AT 8:16 PM

The light should go off. That means it is not responding to the immobilizer. A correct scan tool should be able to check it out. As I mentioned, if you have a spare key, try it.

Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Ignition System Test Guide
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet