My Murano will not accelerate when in drive, second, low, or reverse.

LUDO
  • 2004 NISSAN MURANO

The engine light came on a couple of days ago quickly followed by the oil light, battery light and brake light. Yesterday when I went to turn on to a side road all of the sudden I was like I had no power. The car was still registering that I had rpms but if it was in drive or any "moving" gear it was like it wasnt registering that I was pushing the gas pedal. When I put the car in nuetral it would rev up with no problem. After a few blocks of this going on it finally started driving again. Then this morning it did the same thing. There was a belt sqeaking and I am wondering if the belt might be the culprit or if it probably isnt maybe it is a quick easy fix. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 AT 3:15 PM

SATURNTECH9

If your battery light is on while the engine is running I would test with a mutimeter what the battery viltage at the battery us with it running. Also inspect the belt and belt tensioner with it not running Thats where I would start.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
-1
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 AT 4:31 PM
LUDO

Thank you!

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 AT 6:31 PM
ERICKSSON

If the check engine light comes on go and diagnose the car first.

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 AT 6:55 PM
SATURNTECH9

Sorry but the battery light coming on trumps checking for codes first. If there is a charging issue it can set any number of codes from that. The charging system needs to be checked first then codes after seeing if its charging.

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 AT 7:01 PM