MERCURY SABLE STARTING PROBLEMS

• Bill In RC
  • 2004 MERCURY SABLE

Car will not start after it warms up. After about an hour it will start again.

Monday, August 1st, 2011 AT 6:56 PM

• Rasmataz

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Monday, August 1st, 2011 AT 7:05 PM
  • Bill In RC

It was the starter. Had a short in winding. Replaced it works fine. Bill in RC

Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011 AT 5:13 PM
  • Rodneymar

The sable cranks but wont start unless u give it gas then u have to feather the gas to keep it running I already replaced the trottle control sencor so now what do I do?

Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 AT 12:44 AM