BECOME A MEMBER
It is free to join!
I AGREE TO THE
BECOME A MEMBER
2004 Kia Sorento
February, 3, 2011 AT 5:54 AM
How do you replace a water pump on a 2004 kia sorento
FOUND 2595 RELATED QUESTIONS
Need Help To Replace The Water Pump
February, 8, 2011 AT 12:54 PM
ENGINE COOLANT PUMP
Fig. 71: Identifying Engine Coolant Pump Components & Torque Specifications
1. Using the drain plug, drain the coolant.
2. Remove the drive belt and the engine coolant pump pulley.
3. Remove the timing belt cover, the auto tensioner and idler pulley.
4. Remove the water outlet fitting, the thermostat case and the water pump fitting.
5. Remove the engine coolant pump mounting bolts.
6. Remove the engine coolant pump assembly from the cylinder block.
Fig. 72: Identifying Engine Coolant Pump Mounting Bolts
1. Clean the gasket surfaces of the engine coolant pump body and the cylinder block.
2. Install the new engine coolant pump gasket and pump assembly. Tighten the bolts to the specified torque.
Engine coolant pump bolt: Head mark "7": 17-22 N.M (170-220 kg. Cm, 12-16 lb. Ft)
Fig. 73: Identifying Water Pump Mounting Bolts
3. Install the water pump fitting, the thermostat case and the water outlet fitting.
Fig. 74: Ensure Water Pipe O-Ring Engagement
4. Install the auto tensioner and timing belt. Adjust the timing belt tension, then install the timing belt cover.
5. Install the driver belt, coolant pump pulley and then adjust the auto tensioner.
6. Refill the coolant.
7. Run the engine and check for leaks.
to post a reply.
Water Pump Removal
What all do i need to do or need to remove a water pump from a 2004 pacifica and how hard is it
Replace Leaking H2o Pump
I need to replace the water pump on my 2005 chevy avalanche 1500 with 5 3 l engine how much will it cost for parts coolant and labor
Can I Replace The Water Pump On My
Engine problem 2003 dodge caravan 90000 miles my coolant level keeps going down and i am pretty sure that i am losing coolant
Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Got a Leaky Heater Hose? Fix It Like The Pros
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Got An Engine Coolant Leak? See How The Pros Would Fix It
Radiator Leaking? Replace It Like The Pros
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Need To Replace Your Serpentine Belt? Do It Like A Pro
© 1999 - 2015 2CarPros, Inc.