BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I agree to the
Login with Facebook
NOT A MEMBER?
2004 KIA SORENTO
How do you replace a water pump on a 2004 kia sorento
have the same problem?
Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 5:54 AM
ENGINE COOLANT PUMP
Fig. 71: Identifying Engine Coolant Pump Components & Torque Specifications
1. Using the drain plug, drain the coolant.
2. Remove the drive belt and the engine coolant pump pulley.
3. Remove the timing belt cover, the auto tensioner and idler pulley.
4. Remove the water outlet fitting, the thermostat case and the water pump fitting.
5. Remove the engine coolant pump mounting bolts.
6. Remove the engine coolant pump assembly from the cylinder block.
Fig. 72: Identifying Engine Coolant Pump Mounting Bolts
1. Clean the gasket surfaces of the engine coolant pump body and the cylinder block.
2. Install the new engine coolant pump gasket and pump assembly. Tighten the bolts to the specified torque.
Engine coolant pump bolt:
Head mark "7": 17-22 N.M (170-220 kg. Cm, 12-16 lb. Ft)
Fig. 73: Identifying Water Pump Mounting Bolts
3. Install the water pump fitting, the thermostat case and the water outlet fitting.
Fig. 74: Ensure Water Pipe O-Ring Engagement
4. Install the auto tensioner and timing belt. Adjust the timing belt tension, then install the timing belt cover.
5. Install the driver belt, coolant pump pulley and then adjust the auto tensioner.
6. Refill the coolant.
7. Run the engine and check for leaks.
Please consider a donation if we helped you
Tuesday, February 8th, 2011 AT 12:54 PM
to post a reply.
Related Water Pump Replace/Remove Questions
2006 Kia Sorento Replace Water Pump
How Do You Change A Water Pump On 2006 Kia Sorento
2004 Kia Sorento R&r Waterpump
Engine Cooling Problem 2004 Kia Sorento 6 Cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 86000 Miles How Do I R&r The Waterpump On A 2004 Kia...
2004 Kia Sorento Water Pump
Hello, My Water Pump Recently Failed On My 04 Sorento And I'm Doing The Work Myself. I Have Removed The Fan, Radiator Hoses, And All...
Kia Sorento Water Pump
2005 Kia Sorento Water Pump. How Dificult Of A Job Is This. Do I Need Any Special Tools Please Help Asap
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Coolant Leak Repair
Heater Hose Replacement
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2017 2CarPros, Inc.