ENGINE COOLANT PUMP
Fig. 71: Identifying Engine Coolant Pump Components & Torque Specifications
1. Using the drain plug, drain the coolant.
2. Remove the drive belt and the engine coolant pump pulley.
3. Remove the timing belt cover, the auto tensioner and idler pulley.
4. Remove the water outlet fitting, the thermostat case and the water pump fitting.
5. Remove the engine coolant pump mounting bolts.
6. Remove the engine coolant pump assembly from the cylinder block.
Fig. 72: Identifying Engine Coolant Pump Mounting Bolts
1. Clean the gasket surfaces of the engine coolant pump body and the cylinder block.
2. Install the new engine coolant pump gasket and pump assembly. Tighten the bolts to the specified torque.
Engine coolant pump bolt:
Head mark "7": 17-22 N.M (170-220 kg. Cm, 12-16 lb. Ft)
Fig. 73: Identifying Water Pump Mounting Bolts
3. Install the water pump fitting, the thermostat case and the water outlet fitting.
Fig. 74: Ensure Water Pipe O-Ring Engagement
4. Install the auto tensioner and timing belt. Adjust the timing belt tension, then install the timing belt cover.
5. Install the driver belt, coolant pump pulley and then adjust the auto tensioner.
6. Refill the coolant.
7. Run the engine and check for leaks.
Images (click to enlarge)
Tuesday, February 8th, 2011 AT 12:54 PM