BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I AGREE TO THE
Login with Facebook
BECOME A MEMBER
2004 Kia Sorento
How do you replace a water pump on a 2004 kia sorento
Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 5:54 AM
ENGINE COOLANT PUMP
Fig. 71: Identifying Engine Coolant Pump Components & Torque Specifications
1. Using the drain plug, drain the coolant.
2. Remove the drive belt and the engine coolant pump pulley.
3. Remove the timing belt cover, the auto tensioner and idler pulley.
4. Remove the water outlet fitting, the thermostat case and the water pump fitting.
5. Remove the engine coolant pump mounting bolts.
6. Remove the engine coolant pump assembly from the cylinder block.
Fig. 72: Identifying Engine Coolant Pump Mounting Bolts
1. Clean the gasket surfaces of the engine coolant pump body and the cylinder block.
2. Install the new engine coolant pump gasket and pump assembly. Tighten the bolts to the specified torque.
Engine coolant pump bolt: Head mark "7": 17-22 N.M (170-220 kg. Cm, 12-16 lb. Ft)
Fig. 73: Identifying Water Pump Mounting Bolts
3. Install the water pump fitting, the thermostat case and the water outlet fitting.
Fig. 74: Ensure Water Pipe O-Ring Engagement
4. Install the auto tensioner and timing belt. Adjust the timing belt tension, then install the timing belt cover.
5. Install the driver belt, coolant pump pulley and then adjust the auto tensioner.
6. Refill the coolant.
7. Run the engine and check for leaks.
Tuesday, February 8th, 2011 AT 12:54 PM
to post a reply.
2002 Kia Rondo Water Pump Removal
We have everythig off to remove the aster pump and the water pump is loose but there is not enough room to remove the water pump wha
1999 Kia Waterpump Replacement
Engine cooling problem 1999 other kia models 4 cyl front wheel drive manual 62587 miles i have a 1999 kia sephia that needs the w
I Need Specifics On How To Change A Water Pump ...
I need specifics on how to change a water pump timing chain and tentioners if you could email it to me at dbenton7175 yahoo com
Do You Have To Replace Water Pump With A New One...
Just had my kia in shop to have new timing belt put on mechanic said he had to replace water pump even though it wasn't bad did i get
Found 2,601 related questions
2006 Kia Sorento Replace Water Pump
Motor Starts Then Shuts Down
2000 Kia Sportage Changing The Waterpump
Manuals and Instructions
Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Find a car manual for your car
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Got An Engine Coolant Leak? See How The Pros Would Fix It
Got a Leaky Heater Hose? Fix It Like The Pros
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
© 1999 - 2016 2CarPros, Inc.